This page gives some introductory information about Open Access publishing; however, this information should not be considered as the final word on the topic.
- Open access (OA) is the practice of providing unrestricted access via the Internet to peer-reviewed scholarly journal articles. OA is also increasingly being provided to theses, scholarly monographs and book chapters.
- By making information freely available in this way, Open Access accelerates research and learning.
- By reducing the barriers that restrict access to knowledge, Open Access maximizes the opportunity for publications to be read and for authors to be recognized for their contribution in their chosen field and beyond.
- Open Access makes knowledge available to all, without the barrier of affordability and without restrictions on using it to inform and develop related areas of research.
- Open Access enables unrestricted use of knowledge for teaching, conference presentations and lectures.
- Open Access offers authors enhanced visibility and offers the potential for greater usage of their work and higher impact.
- Open Access brings new audiences to scholarly content, helping expand readership.
- Open access reduces the pressure on library budgets for purchasing books and journals and enables librarians to devote more time to connecting their users with high quality content.
Trend Research Publishing is an independent international publisher of open access, peer-reviewed journals committed to disseminating the fruits of latest research to the global community as widely as possible. In keeping with that commitment, TRPUB offers the following policy:
- All Journal content is freely and openly available after publication on the TRPUB’s website.
- All articles are published in accordance with the Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) license. Under this license, authors retain copyright.
- All articles can be read, downloaded, copied, distributed, printed, searched, or linked to in TRPUB’s journal without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author.
The internet allows us to distribute knowledge more widely, more efficiency and at a lower cost than was previously possible. However, publishing still has costs that need to be covered – such as proof reading, copyediting, digital presentation and preservation, promotion and dissemination of your work. With Open Access, authors (or their institutions or funders) pay an Article Processing Charge to cover these costs, ensuring their work is properly evaluated for quality and made easy to find, download and read.